About Me

My photo
I’m married (for the 2nd time) just over a year now. I have 3 children ages 21, 17 & 16 as well as a daughter who is 21 years old from my husband’s previous marriage (not a typo) and recently married so I am now a mother-in-law as well. I think it’s great!! All my love to both of them!!! As long as they wait to have children until he is out of the Army! I’m also a Nursing student in my 2nd year of school. I’m seriously considering a change in my major to Nutrition. Much as I want to be a Nurse, I think becoming a Nutritionist may be the avenue I choose. I am fluent in American Sign Language and speak Italian as well. I also love the outdoors, camping, hiking, riding motorcycles with my husband, and the beach are among a few. I hate the cold but I love snowball fights with my family. I enjoy crochet of all kinds, but there’s something about the detail when it is done with crochet thread that I especially love. I try to spend as much time as I can enjoying life and what it has to offer.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Awareness Ribbons (all)

Below is a photo of all of the ribbons that I have so far. I am planning to do them in yellow as well as green - I am just waiting for the beads to arrive.




Each ribbon can be done in an afternoon. They take me about 3 hours to do, depending on how fast I am working and what else is going on in the house.

If you are familiar with peyote stitch and would like the pattern that I used for these ribbons, please email me and I will send it to you. It helps if you already know odd-count peyote as the pattern does not teach the stitch itself. Once you know it, it is a fairly easy pattern to follow.

No comments: